Elder Hunter Williams

Elder Hunter Williams
CURRENT ADDRESS TO MAIL PACKAGES AND LETTERS: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Elder Hunter Williams, Texas Dallas Mission, 13747 Montfort Dr. #120, Dallas TX 75240

Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12, 2013 - New Comp, Testimony, Door Slammed in Faces, You Tub - Missionary Ballers

Hi everyone,
 
We had a rough week this week but we planted a ton of seeds. My new companion is Elder Smith, fresh from the MTC. He is about 6' 6" and makes me look like a midget but he is skinnier than me so I've got him there. He is from St. George, Utah. He played basketball and he has a good desire to serve the Lord but has a lot of growing up to do. We get along well enough, he's willing to contact people and he teaches when it's his turn, it's just a little scattered but will come together. So he's basically just getting the hang of being a missionary. We have some work to do.
 
We didn't teach too many lessons this week and our teaching pool is shrinking but we have been planting a lot of seeds and I can see how much I have changed. This past week there were two instances where I found myself explaining our beliefs, correcting misconceptions, testifying, and using scriptures and historical information to defend our faith and to teach some very well versed and religious people who I couldn't have held a candle to a few months ago. The Lord was working through me and giving me the knowledge that I need, especially since I have to take more responsibility for teaching than ever before. It's amazing what the Lord can do and both of those people are now committed to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it is true. We also met a man who presumed to tell us that he believed in God and Jesus Christ and when we told him that we believed the same he childishly exclaimed that they our God and his God are different and that he wasn't talking about it further and shut the door in our faces. He showed us! Oh and another man driving by slowed down enough so he could make direct eye contact with us and then flipped us the bird so we just waved and went on our way. It just goes to show that there are great people and very silly people in our diverse world.
 
I'm glad everything is going well back home, I pray for you all everyday that the Lord will bless and keep you. I love being out here and seeing what the Lord can do with my life and I'm so grateful for the support of you all, I love you! And congratulations on starting school Chase, I'm sure you are loving it. And one more thing, there is a video on youtube called missionary ballers or something like that, it's gone viral. Well that video was made by some missionaries in our mission a few months ago. Apparently it's pretty funny, check it out!
 
I love y'all
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. The "Comment Fairy" will forward them to Elder Williams