Elder Hunter Williams

Elder Hunter Williams
CURRENT ADDRESS TO MAIL PACKAGES AND LETTERS: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Elder Hunter Williams, Texas Dallas Mission, 13747 Montfort Dr. #120, Dallas TX 75240

Monday, September 16, 2013

9-16-13 Batman and Robin spend time with a lovely family

Family!!
Hey! So we survived transfers, Elder Smith and I are here in Allen for another 6 weeks. Our district has gotten bigger, we picked up another set of Elders and Sisters so there are now 12 missionaries in the district. The only problem is that the Elders live almost an hour away and are closer to other districts than ours, I'm going to talk with President about it.
 We had a good week this past week. An update about the guy we found riding our bikes, we taught him the first lesson and committed him to be baptized on October 12. Unfortunately he is 22 so we had to pass him off to the YSA missionaries. He went to a YSA activity on Saturday and church on Sunday, he is looking solid but we won't get to teach him anymore. That's okay though. 

I don't know if mom got the picture of Elder Smith and I on the couch with 4 kids but that picture was sent from a nonmember who loves us. We tracted into their family when Elder Hoopes was here and have been developing a friendship with them and now they tell us how they stick up for Mormons and how we totally changed their perspective on us. Well we had dinner with them on Saturday and the littlest boy loooves batman and I wore some of my batman dress socks and they know I love batman too so now they call me batman and Elder Smith robin, it is awesome!! Kala (the wife), and Val (the husband) and the two of us talked about all sorts of things and we ended up showing them pictures of all the different temples and we hooked them, they looked at all 150 of them that night. Kala was concerned that we would get transferred so we went back on Sunday and they were all happy to know we were staying and we showed them part of President Monson's talk where he tells the story of lighting the field on fire and while her kids were playing Kala and us had a huge discussion about the church and she kept talking about how her church is failing and everywhere she turns she sees Mormons, she is ready and there family is basically Mormon anyways. That is the best thing that has happened in a long time! So that is my highlight for the week.
Well I am doing well, I am tired all the time but I love it, I can't believe it has been 7 and a half months since I left. I miss you all and love you, have a great week!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. The "Comment Fairy" will forward them to Elder Williams