Elder Hunter Williams

Elder Hunter Williams
CURRENT ADDRESS TO MAIL PACKAGES AND LETTERS: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Elder Hunter Williams, Texas Dallas Mission, 13747 Montfort Dr. #120, Dallas TX 75240

Monday, September 9, 2013

September 9, 2013 "Never worked so hard in my life." - Healing by the power of the Priesthood. - Miracles

Note from the Mom.  In this email, Elder Williams states that he has never worked so hard in his life as he is on his mission. These missionaries must be absolutely exhausted because Hunter is one of the most hard working individuals I have ever known. I have no doubt the Lord powers them on. Coach Burns was Hunter's Varsity B-ball Coach. The man was dangerous and almost drove the boys into the ground.

Well hello there,
So another week has flown by, time is passing very quickly out here, we only have one more week left in the transfer. I am more tired than I have ever been in my life. The Lord has to be sustaining me because I have never worked so hard so consistently in all my life. I'm just glad it is my choice and that I don't have Coach Burns on my back all the time. 

Being a missionary is great, I feel a sense of peace and accomplishment. A lot of people have been asking what I am going to do when I get home but all I really tell them that I don't think about it much because I am serving the Lord and I know He will guide me as I give myself to Him. It's quite comforting. 

Elder Smith and I are getting along better lately. Things were far from bad before but it's starting to feel more like a friendship instead of a "I'm stuck with this guy I better be nice" type of thing. 

This week I did something that I never thought I would on my mission. I went to the Allen High School varsity football game in their $60 million football stadium that is ridiculous on all accounts, it was amazing. Now I will let you know that I did have permission from President Durrant to go and we went with an investigator so don't worry, it is legal. We actually had quite a few positive contacts from it and had a fun time as well. We were with some other missionaries and I ticked one of them off because he wanted to stay the whole game but I made us leave. I told him that we are missionaries, not high school students, he didn't like that very much but I think he respects me a little more for it so it worked out.

On Saturday we did some service for one of our favorite people. We raked his leaves and helped him build a dog house. The only problem was that it was outside at the hottest part of the day. I'm getting quite the tan. Earlier in the week we were at dinner with some less active members and Elder Smith ate way too much of a blazing hot sauce and just about died, I found it humorous. 

We are teaching a recent convert mother and son and the mom was pretty sick and experiencing vertigo like symptoms for a few weeks and asked for a blessing at the beginning of the week. Elder Smith anointed and I gave her a blessing and a few days later she was completely better. Just a testimony builder about the power of the priesthood. 

Oh and we talked to this guy who said that Christ never talks about faith, that he has seen the original scrolls of the bible and the plates that the Book of Mormon are on and that our leaders are manipulating and lying to us and apparently he is going to live forever. We confounded a few different times and he just kept making up more stuff, it was so weird, and he was a walking contradiction. That was interesting.
Lastly, we had quite the miracle yesterday. We were fasting because we needed some extra help with the area and we were supposed to be having dinner with some members and investigators that night. Well the investigators ended up cancelling so we were a bit sad all day but, on our way to dinner we were riding and this car flew by, the man waved at us and then parked at a house. We were just going to ride by because he was fiddling with things in the car and got about 10 feet past it and then we both just flipped around and went and talked to him. It turns out that he has LDS friends and had stayed with them for awhile and loved it, he thought the family was amazing and they gave him a book of Mormon. Their Bishop offered missionary visits but he said he wasn't ready yet. Well for the past week he felt like he was finally at a point to talk to someone and thought about going down to the church and we just happened to ride by! He is now ready to talk about the church, he has been reading the book of Mormon on his own and wants to meet with us! We were freaking out, it was amazing. His name is Aelias (like Elias in the bible), what?? It was quite the miracle, it made our week.
It sounds like things keep on keeping on at home, that is great. Nicely done with the toothpaste Chase, I hope Mom made you clean it up. I love you all and hope you have another great week!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. The "Comment Fairy" will forward them to Elder Williams