Elder Hunter Williams

Elder Hunter Williams
CURRENT ADDRESS TO MAIL PACKAGES AND LETTERS: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Elder Hunter Williams, Texas Dallas Mission, 13747 Montfort Dr. #120, Dallas TX 75240

Monday, May 13, 2013

May 6, 2013


Hello my lovely family,

Well it sounds like y'all are falling apart without me! Stop getting sick, it's not healthy. Anyways, this week has been pretty awesome. I tried sushi today and I would not recommend it! We now have another investigator named Carli who we have met with three times in the last week and she has a baptismal date set for June 8! So that's pretty cool, we are very excited. Other than that we haven't had too much luck with our other investigators but we'll get them! We did contact a referral that was really interesting though. His name is Siag, a Muslim guy but he was the coolest and most open Muslim I've ever talked to! We talked with him for a while and he was just funny. He was talking about the judgement day and said that the Lord would pull him into the room and say, "It's just you and me now baby, let's see how you did down there." or something along those lines. Whenever he addressed us he would end the sentence with "my man" like, "God loves everyone and wants everyone to find the truth my man." He was pretty cool, we will go back and talk with him and see how things go.
Something that was really cool this week was that Elder Christofferson of the quorum of the twelve came with some other general authorities and talked to the missionaries on Saturday (where I was able to shake his hand, now I've met two Apostles!) and then he addressed the Plano stake in a special stake conference on Sunday. It was broadcasted from the stake center to out building and it was not the best. The sound was about five seconds behind the video so it was better to just listen than watch, but both meetings were amazing. He is now one of my favorite Apostles for sure.
The funny story of the week is probably when I went on a companion exchange with my district leader's companion. His name is Elder Campbell, no resemblance to Josh Campbell though he is CRAZY, but very cool and he has a great testimony. He taught me how to play bike ball (catch with a tennis ball on the bikes) and it is a lot harder than you would expect! You get two points if you made it into an open mailbox. 

We helped an older lady put groceries into her trunk and distracted her so much that she locked her keys, cell phone, and purse with her spare key in it, in the trunk of her car! She had to go inside to call a locksmith because she was a little frustrated with us and didn't want to use our phone, not our best contact. . . It was a fun day though!
  
So for Mother's Day I'll be able to skype home on Sunday around 6 o'clock, give or take twenty minutes, Texas time so that's probably 4 o'clock there? I'm not really sure how we will link up or anything but I'm sure I'll be able to give y'all a quick call so we can figure it out. I may have a Skype account but if not then the name may have something to do with the McArthur's (the last name of the members that are letting us use their computers) so we'll see! 

And yes I got your package mom, thank you so much the socks are amazing! I'll send a picture so you can see all of my Batman paraphernalia! (did I spell that alright?) And the other picture can be used on my missionary plaque if you haven't picked one yet!

Anyways, that's about it for this week, I love y'all and can't wait to see ya! Three months down, twenty-one to go!
Love Elder Williams

(Mom's note: Elder Williams' cape is a Batman sheet and . . . look closely at the Batman socks. They have little black capes sewn onto the back of them.)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. The "Comment Fairy" will forward them to Elder Williams