Elder Hunter Williams

Elder Hunter Williams
CURRENT ADDRESS TO MAIL PACKAGES AND LETTERS: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Elder Hunter Williams, Texas Dallas Mission, 13747 Montfort Dr. #120, Dallas TX 75240

Monday, October 14, 2013

10-14-13 Ate Gator & knocked on 250 doors this week! It's been tougher than a fight between two pigs wrastlin' in a gunny sack for the last smidge o' slop!

Well howdy y'all!

This week has been tougher than a fight between two pigs wrastlin' in a gunny sack for the last smidge o' slop!
Not really, just wanted to use my Texas vocabulary because I know you all despise it! Anyways, this was actually a great week. We have been working with a less-active mother and her three nonmember children and we set baptismal dates with the two younger kids for December 7! Success!!! In one aspect at least. 

We have been tracting a lot more lately and on Tuesday some of the Sisters challenged us to a tracting contest to see who could knock the most doors and get the most return appointments. They did well, knocked 70 doors and got 4 return appointments. The Lord decided they needed a little humbling though because He helped us knock 200 doors and set up 7 return appointments in 1 day. They were supposed to buy us lunch for our victory but some members ended up swooping in as we were buying our meal and paid for everyone, those lucky Sisters. We ended up knocking about 250 doors this week total and we picked up a new investigator, a good week! 

It has been overcast these last few days so people have been pretty grumpy. Yesterday we got more dirty looks than I have ever had before, people are a bit ridiculous at times. The 40 day fast is going really well, the work is picking up in the area and it is getting our ward more involved in the work. I love serving in Allen. The people are usually nice, our ward is good, the missionaries here are great, and the blessings are abundant. 

 James Tabor, our 74 year-old substitute teacher investigator took us out to dinner on Saturday to a place called Razzoo's Cajun CafĂ© and we had ourselves some 'gator!! It came out on this huge platter of fried everything: catfish (okay), shrimp (I'm allergic), pickle chips (ew, honestly?), fries (yumm), hush puppies (corn bread balls), and of course, deep fried 'gator! It was quite the experience but probably only a one time thing. It was great. 

Other than that it has been the same old stuff. Elder Smith and I are really starting to get  along well, he's just a big goofball. Obedience level must be high and I help others with that. We are having a good time.
Maddie's wedding sounds like it will be quite the event, I wish I could be there. Could I get their address so I can send them a congratulations letter? I hope things work out for them!
So I'm doing well, we are just chugging along out here. The weather is getting cooler, I love it. And mom, I'm good on the white shirts, they just needed a little tender love and care, don't worry about sending any! 

Sorry I am bad at sending my scripture each week but this week it is part of Enos 1:15- "...Whatsoever thing ye shall ask in faith, believing that ye shall receive in the name of Christ, ye shall receive it."
I love you all!!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. The "Comment Fairy" will forward them to Elder Williams