Elder Hunter Williams

Elder Hunter Williams
CURRENT ADDRESS TO MAIL PACKAGES AND LETTERS: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Elder Hunter Williams, Texas Dallas Mission, 13747 Montfort Dr. #120, Dallas TX 75240

Monday, October 28, 2013

We had ourselves a baptism!

This has probably been the craziest, fastest, and most enjoyable week of my mission. We had ourselves a baptism! Jalisia was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday in Sacrament meeting and she asked me to baptize her! It was amazing, the whole baptism was a miracle. We found out that it was going through on Thursday so Friday we were scrambling to get an interview in, sign permission slips, make a program, not to mention other planned activities. One of her young women's leaders ended up being able to help out a ton because her plans somehow were cancelled which was a miracle.

Then Saturday morning we had to get up early so we could go to the church and fill up the font and when we got there we didn't have a key to get to the water valve that fills up the font or a key to the library to get a tv but luckily there was someone down there cleaning the building that had a key to both and then tons of people showed up!! The whole day was a miracle. The Lord truly had His hand in this one.

Friday night we carved pumpkin with ____ family for the trunk or treat which was fun and then we figured out why they are at "spiritual warfare". Every time ____ tries to read the Book of Mormon or come to church, she starts to get very sick, Satan is really working on her. She knows that there is something to the church, she just has a lot of fears and apprehension about seriously investigating because she has grown up hearing that the Bible is the only book we need and that Mormons are a crazy cult so it is understandable that she is freaking out. I think they will get baptized eventually.
Elder Smith and I both had the prompting to have them watch President Uchtdorf's talk "Come Join With Us" I hope they read it.

We had the trunk or treat on Saturday night and it was fun. We had 11 nonmembers there, two less active families and two part member families there, it was sweet! We had some good chili and my pumpkin won the best carved pumpkin contest (I carved the superman logo). Right after the event ended it started dumping rain and we were trapped at the church until the zone leaders picked us up and took us around the rest of the night. Elder Smith dropped his camera in the parking lot and didn't notice. Luckily Sister Barber went to look for it and found it soaking wet at like 11, Elder Smith was going to have a cow. We put it in a bag of rice and it still works! So that was most of my excitement this week, it was awesome.
So I am being transferred to Rowlett, it is about 20 miles southeastish of Allen and I will be in a car! Not too sure how I feel about it yet but it I think I will enjoy it. I'm going to be a zone leader with Elder Berentzen, he has been out for 15ish months, should be fun! My new address:
2106 Randi Road
Rowlett, TX 75088
Elder Smith is staying here and his new companion will be the new district leader. I'm pretty excited, packing stinks though. Well that's about it for me. It's good to hear that things are going well at home, I hope Myra is okay and that things continue to move forward with the company. You are in my prayers, I love you!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. The "Comment Fairy" will forward them to Elder Williams