Elder Hunter Williams

Elder Hunter Williams
CURRENT ADDRESS TO MAIL PACKAGES AND LETTERS: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Elder Hunter Williams, Texas Dallas Mission, 13747 Montfort Dr. #120, Dallas TX 75240

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Week is a Blur of Tracting and Teaching

I guess these guys are standing on the wall. They're pretty tricky in Texas you know. 
(Sorry, the computer wouldn't let me rotate this picture.) 

Hey Everyone,

Well this week flew by in a blur, being transferred is always exciting. I ride passenger in the car so basically I never know where we are and fall asleep a lot but hey it is a nice break from the bike. My new companion and I are getting along really well. We both like basketball and sports and we both have some nerd in us so it has been a lot of fun. He is from Logan, Utah and is the youngest of 6 kids and he is a cool guy. Just a smidge taller than me. The new area is great, we have a great teaching pool and some awesome ward missionaries, I'm really enjoying it. There are a bunch a Spanish speaking missionaries really close by that we see a lot and it makes me want to learn Spanish sooo bad. I'm picking up on little things though and maybe by the time I leave I will have a minimal grasp of the Spanish language.

So we were tracting this week and we met this man who was definitely drunk and kept telling us how wonderful he thought we were and that we were just great, it was pretty funny. Church was good but the sacrament was a little rough. They picked an opening hymn that no one knew so it sounded like a bunch of dead people moaning and mumbling trying to sing this song, my companion and I almost busted out laughing. Besides that though, it was a great Sunday. 

We are teaching a man who has a hole in his throat, like the ones that smokers have, and when he talks he has to cover it up and it sounds robotic, it is a bit unnerving and the sad part is that there was no need for the doctors to cut that hole in his throat, poor guy.
I wish I could remember more but like I said, this week has been a blur. To answer some of your questions mom, that girl we baptized is happy as can be and her step dad and two younger brothers are all heavily considering getting baptized now as well. They are doing wonderful as far as I know! 

As for what I want for Christmas, there is an artist named Kahli (not sure about the spelling, pronounced kuh-lie), he is a Polynesian singer who has some great church music, I think the album is called "A Pauper's Carol". I would enjoy that. Besides that not too much. A few pictures of the family would be great, maybe a tie or two, but other than that it doesn't matter too much. I'll let you know if I have any better ideas.

I hope Chase feels better! I miss that little guy!

Happy Birthday to Mom this week!! I will try and get her present sent off today.
That is about it this week, I love y'all, until next week!

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. The "Comment Fairy" will forward them to Elder Williams