Elder Hunter Williams

Elder Hunter Williams
CURRENT ADDRESS TO MAIL PACKAGES AND LETTERS: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Elder Hunter Williams, Texas Dallas Mission, 13747 Montfort Dr. #120, Dallas TX 75240

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

"I Love the People Here!" -- Anti-Mormon Literature Drives Away the Truth

Hello family!
So many questions to answer this week! Well things are going well here in Rowlett, we are working hard and doing all that we can to move the work forward. We had a solid investigator drop us this week. At our last lesson he was really interested and loved what we taught about the three kingdoms of glory and then we went back to see him and he did a total 180. He told us that he liked us but he just thought we were a cult and we tried to ask him why so we could defend ourselves and he just avoided the question. Some of his friends must have given him some anti-mormon info because it was a drastic change. So that was fun, we have been running around trying to find new people to teach but we are confident that things will turn around, just a little trial of the faith. 

Elder Berentzen and I are getting along really well, we are a lot alike. Last night I got a call from Elder Smith in Allen and while I was talking Elder Berentzen fell asleep on the couch so I threw a pillow at him and ran upstairs and he came up and told me I scared him to death as I tried to play dumb. Well when I got up he attacked and we had a good wrestle all around the room (not hard to do since we have a little 10 by 10 room) it was evenly matched. So that was fun. We are both zone leaders, we are over 2 districts and have 20 missionaries to take care of, it's a lot of fun. 

Nothing too exciting has happened but I love the people here. We did have two investigators show up to stake conference though, that was awesome! 
Bishop Hawk huh? I always knew he would get there some day, he is a great guy. How is Rand doing by the way? Sounds like things keep changing back home, coming back will be a shock. I'm glad you are staying involved with the missionaries, I feel the blessings from that out here. The Church is really trying to become more missionary minded as a whole and I am truly grateful for it. As it says in Doctrine and Covenants 15:6, the thing that will be of most worth to us is to preach repentance.
I'm doing well out here, my asthma is good, clothes are good, health is good, it's all good! I'm glad things are going well back home, it helps me to focus on the work out here. I love y'all, have a great week!

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. The "Comment Fairy" will forward them to Elder Williams