Elder Hunter Williams

Elder Hunter Williams
CURRENT ADDRESS TO MAIL PACKAGES AND LETTERS: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Elder Hunter Williams, Texas Dallas Mission, 13747 Montfort Dr. #120, Dallas TX 75240

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Testimony of Being Obedient to the Small Things The Lord Asks of Us - Wait 10 Minutes For Weather to Change

Dearest Family,
It's cold!! They have a saying here in Texas that if you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes and it will change and it is true!! Most of this week was fairly nice, probably in the low 70's. On Friday it was humid and warm and gross and then it completely flipped on us and Saturday and Sunday were cold and rainy and cold! Down in the low 50s I think with a very cold rain/mist, good stuff. Besides the weather, we had a great week. 

We taught more lessons and are seeing some progress in our investigators. Two little kids we teach, Rylee and Cade Jankowski, passed their baptismal interviews yesterday and will be getting baptized on the 7th, we are excited! They are awesome, makes the mission worth it. 

Also I drove the car this week, the first time I have driven in 9 months! We went on an exchange with the assistants to the president and I got to stay in our area and drive us everywhere. I was pretty nervous at first but it came back quickly, we are still in one piece, no worries. The exchange was fun, I got to work with Elder Sorensen, he is going home at the end of this trasnfer, he is a stud of a missionary. So we had a fun time there. 

Other than that it has been a fairly normal week, just moving on along. We serve at a food pantry and the lady who runs it, Rhonda, has an eight year old daughter named Abigail who became my little helper and Rhonda asked me if I was planning on getting married before I was thirty because if not, Abigail would like to be in the running. We had a good laugh over that. 

Oh and on our way into the library a man stopped us right in the middle of the walkway and asked us to pray with him, so we did, it was pretty cool. We also had the chance to give a blessing to another nonmember and she said that it made her feel a lot better and we will be seeing her again this week. 

Lastly, I gained a testimony of being obedient to the small and simple things that the Lord asks of us. It's easy for us to do the big things that may get us recognition or a reward, but I think the Lord truly cares more about the little things that we do to show Him we love Him and will serve Him like reading our scriptures and praying.
It was great to hear from everyone, I'm jealous of all the temple happenings that I am missing out on! It sounds awesome!! I'm so excited for you all. Yes mom, I will check on my medicine. To Jordan all I have to say is that it sounds like you will need some serious humbling when I get home but don't worry, I will bite that bullet and do what I can.
Well I love you all and am grateful to have such a wonderful family at home.  

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Love, Elder Williams

P.S. If you have any Christmas requests, get them in fast. Also, I made need my umbrella back, I probably jumped the gun on sending that home... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. The "Comment Fairy" will forward them to Elder Williams