Elder Hunter Williams

Elder Hunter Williams
CURRENT ADDRESS TO MAIL PACKAGES AND LETTERS: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Elder Hunter Williams, Texas Dallas Mission, 13747 Montfort Dr. #120, Dallas TX 75240

Monday, February 3, 2014

2-3-14 I Love the Lord and I Know Joseph Smith Was a Prophet!

Family!!!
 
Well another week has gone by in the TDM (Texas Dallas Mission) and the Texas weather is as bi-polar as ever. It was nice for a few days, then painfully cold, then perfect, then freezing again with rain. It can't make up it's mind. The cold always makes tracting more .... well I wouldn't call it fun bit it adds a nice twist to it. It was a good week for us. Since I got here we have been teaching a part member family. The mom, Maile (Miley, she's Hawaiian) and the three kids are all members. Tony, the boyfriend living with them, is not. He has been investigating for a few years and they consistently come to church. The only problem is that he won't ask Maile to marry him so we went in on Tuesday night and told them that we love them and that they need to stop living in sin, repent, and get married. We didn't know how they would take it but they loved it and appreciated us being open and bold with them. We are meeting with Tony this week to hopefully discuss marriage plans. So that was definitely a highlight this week. 

We also got back in contact with a referral we taught a few weeks ago named Gay. She has been through a rough time these past few weeks because she is behind on rent and may get evicted and her electricity will be shut off soon unless she can pay it. We taught her and set a baptismal date with her, she loves the church and what we share and we promised that as she had faith in the Lord and drew closer to Him that He would take care of her and he has. She hasn't been evicted yet, still has electricity, and will get her disability check soon so she can pay for things. We are really excited for her. 

We also met another part member family this week, Scott and Claudia. Scott is not a member, Claudia is a long time less active and they go to a Bible church. They have met with missionaries in the past but it hasn't gone anywhere because Scott is a really nice guy but will not budge on his beliefs or opinions, basically just a very stiff-necked person. So we will see how our next lesson goes, they wanted to talk about who God is and the great I AM. Oh boy. 

And yesterday we met a guy who knew a lot of bad information about the church like how Joseph Smith called down the angel Moron and that he wrote the Book of Moron and it isn't inspired. We corrected him on just about everything and he agreed that the Book of Mormon and a living prophet could be evidence that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever but he can't believe it because he has read a lot of bad literature about the Mormons. So he wasn't prepared to hear the message, we'll leave it at that and not call him any names. So that was most of our excitement for the week, it was a good one. 

Elder Porter and I are getting along really well still, we are always just laughing and joking around. 
 
To answer some questions, yes mom I have the list of renewed meds, thanks for getting those for me! For Chase, I had (excuse me spelling): Mr Biltmier for science, Mrs. Chowdhurry for math,  Mr. Schley for industial tech, Mrs. Miller for social studies, can't remember my English teacher, Mrs. Larson? for drama, Mrs. Waldera for P.E. and I think that's it...
 
Sounds like the whole family is doing excellent, makes me happy. Best of luck to Cole and Ash with the window business and to Tiff and Grant for picking out a name for the baby.
 
Oh and one more thing, we teach a guy named Willy Carter, he is a weird one, always has off the wall questions but likes reading the book of Mormon. Well in our lesson this week he told us that Elder Porter has a better sense of humor and that I don't have much of one and that since I don't have a girl waiting for me at home that I am a good candidate to be the next Pope! Not exactly the kind of compliment I want but okay haha.
 
Well I love you all and I pray for you all the time and I'm grateful for all the prayers being sent my way as well. 

I'm glad to be hear on a mission, it is the best thing for me right now. I love the Lord and I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I wanted to challenge you all to have a family mission plan if you don't already have one. I figure if I ask the members here to be involved with finding people and teaching, then my family at home should be doing the same. I know y'all are doing a great job with the temple, just make sure you keep it up once the open house is over!
 
I love y'all, have a great week!
 

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. The "Comment Fairy" will forward them to Elder Williams