Elder Hunter Williams

Elder Hunter Williams
CURRENT ADDRESS TO MAIL PACKAGES AND LETTERS: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Elder Hunter Williams, Texas Dallas Mission, 13747 Montfort Dr. #120, Dallas TX 75240

Monday, June 3, 2013

New Record: 1,448 People Spoken With This Week!

Elder Williams says this is a weird beaver thing with a rat tail, called a Nutria?


Happy monday everyone!
Sounds like Arizona is still being its usual hot, sunny self. The weather here hasn't been too bad, I don't think we've broken 90 yet, they say it might be a cooler summer which would be great! The humidity stinks though, I've never been so sweaty in all my life! Elder Johnson keeps making comments about how hot it is and I always tell him he hasn't seen an Arizona summer. Pretty sure he'd shrivel up and die.
This week has been good. We had a goal to find 1400 new investigators for the month of may and it came down to the last night but we ended up finding 1448! It's new mission record, no biggie, and Elder Johnson did contribute a few investigators to that number! On Saturday there was a big stake youth missionary conference thing so they had 22 missionaries come down and each of us missionaries got two or three of the boys and we went out and taught with them and they did really well! I took my two to a new investigator we found and we taught him the restoration and set a baptismal date for July 13! It was a soft commitment though, we'll see how it goes. This week we have had the opportunity of meeting a few different black people and they all had some serious soul power, let me tell you! Talking to them was great. They are so awesome. Oh and we were able to provide some service at a huge Baptist church and the people we were serving with were trying to invite us to their congregations and kept offering us tea which we politely turned down. They were good people, just a little misplaced in their faith!
I do have a question though. What is the definition of a Christian? People I run into our here all the time tell us they are Christian and when we tell them we are too they always say that we aren't really Christian or that we are different but they won't elaborate on why. So I'm just curious to know how the world defines a Christian!
As far as the picture goes I can try to take a different one but those are some staunch guidelines mom. I'm not sure if I'll hit all of those but I'll try! And thank you for the package!! We loved the puzzles, especially Elder Johnson. Those socks are great! Unfortunately I can't really wear them all that much because they are a little loud but I love them anyways! I'll try and send the hand canvas thing back as soon as possible. And as far as my meds go I'm doing just fine, I was going to refill them next week, hopefully that's okay?
Anyways, I love you all, have a fantastic week!
Love

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. The "Comment Fairy" will forward them to Elder Williams